13A Project Correction

For my project correction assignment I decided to fix my brochure. I decided to focus just on this assignment because I really enjoyed learning about how to create a brochure and I felt like I could have done a better job on it then I did. So with that I have spent many hours redoing this brochure for my made up outdoor clothing company called Grand Elevation Company. Below I will explain what I changed and improved and why. Please enjoy:

This is the original project that I submitted for class:

Outside:

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 9.28.42 PM.png

Inside:

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 9.28.21 PM.png

NEW AND IMPROVED:

Outside:

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 9.30.27 AM.png

Inside:

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 9.31.20 AM.png

Time Spent on Correcting Project: 4 HOURS

Description Of The Project:
We were to design a brochure to inform readers/viewers of what ever company we decided on.

PROCESS of Creating The New Brochure:

After seeing classmates amazing brochures and knowing I could do better on my design I decided to focus on this design. From there I decided to do a different fold that would add to the design.

PROCEDURE FOR THE OUTSIDE OF BROCHURE:

I used Illustrator to create my new brochure. I opened a new page. First I did the out side because I new that I wanted to keep the same picture if the sky and the trees on the brochure so I changed the picture from only being on half of the brochure to the whole out side so that it was the main eye catching photo on the outside. I also added two of the logos on the out side. I felt this was appropriate with the design because when the brochure is folded you do not see both at the same time. I decided to do the About Us section on the out side middle section this time because it explains what the company is and that way if some one is thinking of not looking at the brochure it will catch their interest, they will read it, and then want to open the brochure for more information. I also did that because I felt like if I put it inside it was way too much text inside. I also wanted to add a catchy slogan or tag line for the company so I came up with “Elevate the Climb” that goes with the company “Grand Elevation Company”.

PROCEDURE FOR INSIDE OF BROCHURE:

I opened a new page in Illustrator Illustrator for the inside design. I started with wanting to incorporate the mountains from the first design but felt they took too much room so I made them smaller, filled them in with one of the colors from the logo, and then added the slogen I put on the outside of the brochure to the mountains, I really like how that turned out, it added a pop with out being over bearing. Next I found the icons for the contact information. I wanted these because I feel like they are becoming a universal icon people look for. I then typed up contact information, the Our Promise Section, and the middle section that was what I decided to be the main focus of the brochure, which is the trips the company is now doing for customers. I added photos that show examples of what the adventure may look like. I moved around a lot of the pictures because at one point the eye flow for the viewer was hard, it was almost like all the pictures were on one side of the brochure so I tried to break it up and move the photos around to help with flow.

 

MESSAGE
To promote the out door clothing company.

AUDIENCE
Anyone that enjoys the great outdoors, and great clothing for adventuring, men and women, all ages.

TOP THING LEARNED
I have learned a ton in this class! For the fixing up of this project that I decided to focus on I learned that some times you have one idea of how something is going to look but some times you have to change that idea because it may look really bad design wise and you may need to start over. I also learned that when folding and cutting brochures make sure that front and back aline! Another thing that I was able to do better on this time around was rapping the text around the pictures.

COLOR SCHEME & COLOR NAMES
Teal and Burnt Orange and Black

TITLE FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Myriad Pro and incorporate PRO // Sans Serif

COPY FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Myriand Pro and Mynamar PRO// Sans Serif

THUMBNAILS OF ANY ORIGINAL, UNEDITED IMAGE(S) USED IN THE PROJECT

Row 1Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 8.12.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-30 at 8.12.34 PM.pngscreen-shot-2016-12-06-at-7-43-19-pmscreen-shot-2016-12-06-at-8-19-47-pm

Row 2screen-shot-2016-12-06-at-7-44-06-pmscreen-shot-2016-12-06-at-7-41-19-pmscreen-shot-2016-11-22-at-9-56-23-pmscreen-shot-2016-12-07-at-4-50-49-am                            Row 3Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 9.10.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-07 at 9.11.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-07 at 9.12.13 AM.png

 

SOURCE OF EACH IMAGE (website name and hyperlink)
Row 1: All images are my own.

Row 2:All images are my own.

Row 3:

-Instagram Icon: https://freeiconshop.com/icon/instagram-icon-outline/

-Email Icon: http://clipartsign.com/image/24716/

-Phone Icon: http://4vector.com/free-vector/phone-icon-clip-art-117479

Advertisements

11 thoughts on “13A Project Correction

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s